===== UPDATE =====
I absolutely love your ideas to improve the site (bookmarking, modules/plugin search, proactive reviews, mags,
, etc.). EDIT: The redesign is now available in dark theme too. The paths are added in the below mentioned URL. Don't use the menu to navigate, you'll lose the dark theme.
To make sure the redesign doesn't end up in a never ending project, I decided to focus only on existing pages/functionality and put the improvements on a list that can be looked at after initial go live.
And I think I'm finished
with the redesign
You still should be able to navigate using the menu, but I also made a list of all pages, and the scenarios I could think of, which gives you a better image:https://new-site.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/temp-mapping.php ===== HELP WANTED ===== Design Review
Please keep your feedback on the design coming. I validated every page/scenario with W3C HTML validator and looked at it in mobile, tablet and desktop view using Chrome Dev Tools.
Post it in this thread if something looks odd/doesn't work/is unclear on a certain device/browser.Content review
We would really appreciate if you review the content on the redesign on, i.e.:
- Is it up to date?
- Is it complete?
- Does the sequence make sense? (e.g. filter/sort on the search page, or the specs list at the top of the game details page, or the links in the menu/footer)
Please post your suggested changes in this thread.Images
It would be amazing if someone can help us with creating custom images to make the site look even better. These are the ones I think we need:
- Splash - full screen image with transparency to keep the text readable. Likely need a few versions to make sure it looks good on the most popular screen sizes. (Homepage)
- AGS Screenshots - Do we want plain screenshots or something fancier like on the current homepage? (Homepage - AGS)
- Image not found (Search - Game Details)
- Awards (Game Details - Ratings)
- Panel/Pick (Game Details - Ratings)
- User Rating (Game Details - Ratings)
- Features (AGS)
- Requirements (AGS)
Looking forward to see the feedback and can't wait to see the site with suitable images!