Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

« previous - next »

VampireWombat

Slight change of plan. No Estevez today. Instead I noticed that this fellow was in a couple of episodes. Hopefully the image quality is good enough to make him recognizable.

Mandle

The actor is David Warner I believe.

VampireWombat

You are correct, sir.

VampireWombat

Alright, since no one's guessing titles, here's a rundown of hints:

Ramón Estevez(Martin Sheen) was around the same age Emilio Estevez currently is.
Michael Easton played the main character.
The series is scifi/cyberpunk.
The series aired on Showtime in the US.
David Warner was in a couple of episodes.

New information:
The name of the series is similar to the name of a movie from the early 90s and vaguely takes place in the same world.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 25/11/2021 13:52:31

The name of the series is similar to the name of a movie from the early 90s and vaguely takes place in the same world.

The David Warnermower Man?

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 25/11/2021 16:11:48

Well, that's a guess at least. But not a single correct word.

Gilbert

I never saw this, but judging from the description (from what I've read during random web surfing) is it the Total Recall TV series that actually mixed elements from other Philip K. Dick stories such as Blade Runner? (Or, is it the other way round, the Blade Runnerl TV series that actually mixed elements from other Philip K. Dick stories such as Total Recall?)

Frodo

Total Recall:  The Series?

EDIT:   Ack, Gilbert got in before me.   :tongue:

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 25/11/2021 22:14:14
Quote from: Mandle on Thu 25/11/2021 16:11:48

Well, that's a guess at least. But not a single correct word.

I think one of them isn't even a word.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Gilbert on Fri 26/11/2021 01:34:47
I never saw this, but judging from the description (from what I've read during random web surfing) is it the Total Recall TV series that actually mixed elements from other Philip K. Dick stories such as Blade Runner? (Or, is it the other way round, the Blade Runnerl TV series that actually mixed elements from other Philip K. Dick stories such as Total Recall?)
Total Recall 2070, which was indeed vaguely based on Philip K. Dick stuff.

Frodo

I think it's your turn Gilbert   :smiley:

Quote from: Gilbert on Fri 26/11/2021 01:34:47

Gilbert

Hmmm...
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/bmbFIFR.png[/imgzoom]
Should be easy as long as you have watched this before.

Laura Hunt

Too easy :) But I have nothing to follow it up with right now, so I'll wait and see if somebody else guesses it.

Mandle

How's this for a scenario?

josiah1221

Oh wow, I had forgotten all about that show. Used to love it when I was a kid!

Gilbert

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 19/01/2022 18:03:38
Since nobody else has made a guess yet: The Greatest American Hero.

Yes of course. As long as you have watched this it is too obvious.
Your turn!

Laura Hunt

I was living in the US when TGAH aired, so unfortunately it's etched in my brain forever together with stuff like The Dukes of Hazzard (ugh). But hey, not everything was awful. This was also from the same period and it still holds up pretty well today:

Again, pretty easy if you've watched it, I guess!

Mandle

Hill Street Blues?

Either that or... the other one from that time with a 4-letter acronym that I get mixed up with it, but I'll got with my gut as it has grown bigger than my brain during the pandemic.

Mandle

Oh, and I also instantly knew The Greatest American Hero one. My reply of "How's this for a scenario?" was Bill's catchphrase from the show.

I also loved the little detail that they go into hiding in an FBI safehouse early on in the show and Bill does the food shopping. He buys dog biscuits by accident, thinking they are for humans. It's pointed out to him that they are for dogs but he tries one anyway and shrugs and finishes it off.

Then, often in later episodes you can see him pop one of the bone-shaped snacks into his mouth now and then. It is never mentioned by another character. They just seem used to it. But it is a great little easter egg that eating the dog biscuits became a habit for him after that first one.

Nice character building.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk