AGS in the media

Started by Pumaman, Sat 03/12/2005 13:29:58

« previous - next »

Babar

AGS community specifically called out (and I bet he knew I'd react like this too :D): https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/01/02/2018s-best-worst-and-blandest/
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Babar

Video creator I kinda follow mentioned AGS. And I think it's time to update our site  :=
Link with timestamp

eri0o

Ah, this reminds of something that I saw the other day (not media related though): https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/437177/assistant-professor-of-game-design-non-tenure-track/

About the website redesign there was this thread:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59176.0

But I think it needed more participation from community members to get the content updated, generate new screenshots, and possibly the idea was to use the Wiki that Hobbes did a ton of updates with AGA, to also host the base documents for the main website, but not many appeared to fill the blanks. Tampie85 did make an amazing design which I think can be seen through the links in the thread.

AGA

tampie85's redesign is going ahead, albeit slowly.  She's given me all the designs we need, I'm just gradually working through the implementation.  I work in development all day though, so my energy for it in my free time can be limited!

eri0o

AGA, I didn't meant to pressure you in any form, you do a lot already. I think you do an amazing job keeping this forum going, web maintenance is hard and the internet is an agressive place. Slow is always better than burnout. Take your time.

Rik_Vargard

Thank you for every minute you guys put into this! (nod)

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 16/02/2022 19:11:13
AGA, I didn't meant to pressure you in any form, you do a lot already. I think you do an amazing job keeping this forum going, web maintenance is hard and the internet is an agressive place. Slow is always better than burnout. Take your time.

Oh yeah, no pressure, don't worry.  Just thought I'd may as well give an update.

Babar

Not really directly related to AGS, but I did a double take when I saw @AnasAbdin mentioned in a recent gamedeveloper article for a creepy Microsoft Powerpoint adventure game as part of the inspiration for the art style. It's entirely possible that he's this huge figure outside of AGS, but this place is most of my online presence, so I had no idea  := .

eri0o

Anãs regularly get his drawings on Reddit front page, so he is well known I believe.

One thing fun about AGS I discovered recently is if you use Google Scholar or some of these sciencetific paper specific search engines, Adventure Game Studio is mentioned in a lot of papers on a lot of places, including books. It's very interesting, and also very curious, lots of interesting things and observations but they do not show elsewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk