Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

« previous - next »

Privateer Puddin'

spaceballs = evil star wars? ¬¬

MATTANDALEX

Well hello every one, My name is Patrick J. Miller but i like to go by my pen name Matt Z. Begger. I am a big geek (which is not a bad thing) and know an un-holy amount of things about movies. I was recently going to do a voice for the game KQIX but as you may know it was canceled. I think of Bruce Campbell as if he was a God (I love the Evil Dead Movies.) I joined this forum a while back, but i kind of forgot so i decided to start posting. ;D
I hate the powder you get on your fingers when eating cheese poofs

jfraz

greetings . . . uh . . . fellow adventurers . . .

i am not a savvy webuser
however i am a great adventurerer! of 3D EGA worlds etc

lonely, cause everyone else is sucked into the martial zone. . .
ya know what i mean--blood & guts in pixels . . .

curious--> anyone else interested in black & white games
(i've designed one myself . . .

jfraz

hello HELLOÃ,  hullo

sorry just the white wine and i

what i mean to say is
circa one year ago i shattered my leg and since then
i've been an avid ags gamer--and i made one myself,
eventually--hopefully i'll make it available to you all soon

now im just grasping in the darkness for fun
. . .

im alone in montana, you canadian gamegirls are welcome to contact meÃ,  . . .

Gilbert

Well, you can edit your post to avoid double posting...

jfraz

right . . er . . . i think my
           tonguebrush
                                   is
getting  in the way

climbing_gecko

Greetings!  ;D

I'm Joanie, but you can call me Gecko if you like. :)

I guess like most people here I just can't get enough of the Point-and-Click Adventure Games! I was raised on King's Quest and Space Quest and found out about AGS through the King's Quest remakes of I & II which I enjoyed playing immensely!

I'm going to hopefully be finishing one of my own games soon, but right now I'm just surfing  the boards for help and tips.

/^>

Agent Knight

Allo people, I am Agent Knight and I rule. I seriously rule and no one is as good as me.

Okay, so that's not true but I would consider myself a pretty cool guy. I am into movies and dissin yo filthy asses and am associated with sportyjay and mozza.

I am also totally into Lost, a TV show on ABC.

mozza

So, Agent Knight, you are finally with us! Welcome! ;D

sportyjay

Hi I am sportyjay and I am so much way better than Agent Knight ;D. Yeh, he sucks. Just kidding. Oh please forgive me. Please.
Yay I'm helping to resolve our problems. ;D

It's here!

Darkelf_master45

Sup im am one huge newbie plz help any way u can also im a huge pyro so i will most likely in one way or another link everything with fire...............thats pretty much it o rite im also currently working on only one game and realy all im doing is editing and moderating it so im lonly and need work so feel free im a fast learner (i hope) and will be open to just about anything except drawing i suck at it so realy im only a critic there but everyone is so ya thats me nice to meet all of ya.
Fire will rain from the heavens and burn the non-beleavers who underestimate its POWER!!!!!

CaptainPancake

Greetings comrade. 

After.... (counts on fingers.) seven (Or six?) years, I have returned.  Woah... Has it been that long?  Why, it seems only yesterday that I fleetingly played around with a DOS based program called Adventure Creator on a 486, and never really got anywhere with it, other than a basic room with minimal interaction. 

I remember my old forum name.  But you don't get to know it.  I am considering this a fresh start, especially since AGS, as it is called now, is so incredibly different and advanced now.  Everything I ever learned with AC is now completely obsolete.  I am a fresh green newbie again.  Yay.

So since those rollicking good times in the eighth grade, I have developed both mentally and artistically by leaps and bounds, and I'm full of fresh ideas to put into a game.  I realise that all this time I've been "planning" to build a project, none of my attempts have ever gotten out of the early development phase.  I have this nasty habit of tossing projects away before they can take off and starting fresh. 

Well, no more.  I say here and now that I am starting a project, and I am going to finish it.  (Just let me play around with this nifty new Windows based interface first, maybe build a few resources for someone elses game.  I need to get my sea-legs back.)  Now all I have to do is pick one.  Hmmm...

I have the tools to get the job done.  As I sit at my L shaped glass and steel desk in front of my home-built PC of the gods, I have a scanner to my left, a MIDI keyboard to my right (Though I'm not very good at that aspect yet.), a Wacom tablet on my lap, and several helpful programs including Photoshop 7, and a veritable library of content creation software.

I went to school at the Art Institute of California in San Francisco for a time, though I had to stop for the time being as I realised that I wasn't going to be able to afford to eat.  Now I'm working off a 20k USD student loan, and I expect to do so for the next 5 years or so, after which I'll probably go back and finish it.  I was majoring in game design, and I picked up some very valuable skills that could easily be used in the adventure creation scene.

Basically, I'm hoping that getting back here will shock me out of my current artistic slump.  All year, I haven't been able to create anything.  It's as though I'm creatively broken.  These things pass though, and I'm looking for that spark of inspiration that causes me to just HAVE to act upon it.  I'm still waiting for it.

TheYak

A hearty welcome fellow Nor-Calian.  I'm prodding my brainish bits for names from Ez-board that didn't transfer over, but didn't frequent the boards much then.  Based upon organized thought, realistic expectations, and post readability, I think you could safely sneak into at least the nearly-adequate newbie crowd.   It's posts like that that make me want to get off my ass and get to work on half-started projects.

gameboy

Hello everyone! I'm gamer from Estonia, and I have come here to create games with ags. I don't have very much experience (I have made only few short game-looking things), but i'm working on my first normal adventure game.

Uku

Hello i am SUPRISE-SUPRISE new gamer too. Ilive in estonia and engouraged my friend gameboy to join forum too. i have made few games(mostly looking) and it was like about 3 years ago.i am 15 years old and i live in centre of estonia in türi i go to türi gymnasium.gameboy is also my deskmate. i also do sport(parkour) and some BANG (black powder+maches). im looking foward to come good if eaven not great gamer. wel dont know what to tell more.
PS!sorry for my english.

Nadersith

Hello! I'm Diego, from Spain, but you can call me Nader. I'm a newbie, but I can Test games  ;D  I wonder if somone needs some help... I want to learn to make scripts, backgrounds and chars. My favourite adventure games are Moneky Island 1, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis and Simon the Sorcerer. Well, Hi everyone, and good luck with your games! (And sorry if my English isn't very good  :-\)

futonrevolution

Hi there,
My name's Daniel, born way back in 1977, and I'm currently living on the shores of southern New Jersey.  I used to be an Army Brat, though, spending most of my childhood in the Rheinland-Pfalz area of Germany and my Deutsch has managed to stay passable enough to help out with any translation work needed. I'm currently on extended medical leave from school, but still work as an editor, so I've got plenty of time (and even a tiny bit of ability) to help people out with just about anything... though having me do your game's artwork is a pretty bad idea. In any case, everyone should feel free to bounce ideas off me, solicit help or just plain chat anytime they want - I'm an insomniac, so most any distraction is a welcome one! Heh.

As far as adventure gaming goes, I've started typing up some mighty ugly code way back in the 2nd grade on cassette tapes for the Commodore 64. Since then, computer languages and graphics have become infinitely more subtle and powerful... but my code and drawings are just as ugly as ever. le Sigh.

Right now I'm working on a couple test games to show off my strengths/weaknesses in AGS coding and (hopefully) inspire some artists to help me out with my overly-ambitious free-form adventure game projects. [The one I'm coding and developing now has three protagonists in a dystopian near-future, each with an alternate visual mode and oodles of emotional development. I'm hoping to have the bare bones coded out over the next month and then try recruiting people to replace my pastel rectangles with character/background art that won't make the poor players' eyes bleed.] My true strengths in game creation are story and innovation - my role-playing adventures have won EuroGenCon awards and my campaigns are rather infamous for their settings, plotlines and characterization. So, again, anytime you need a bucketful of plot twists, just drop me a line. {grin}
-Daniel
Can't sleep? Ask about my overly-ambitious game!
Can't diet? Ask to see my room and character art!

ElementalWhite

My name is Elemental White (As if you couldn't figure that out.)
I am a big fan of StarWars and the Lord of the Rings.  I would gladly help anyone who needs help with any aspect of their games. I know some but not all and am willing to share.

P.S. I'm pretty good at characters and large concept art pieces but backgrounds elude me. (Having trouble grasping perspective.) If you are interested in my art then send me a e-mail and I'll send you some samples.

CharlieCraft@mail.com
"The Elemental War is coming..."

mwahahaha

Err... ok... My name is unimportant, I'm 15 years old and I live in Perth, West Australia.  At the moment I'm making a series of games using AGS called the Cronicles of the shoe, which are basically one of the most ridiculous stories that I've ever heard.  After that I plan on making a game based on a story I wrote a while back called E Type.  I'm in my second last year of school.

Antipode

Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on what the time is when you read this.

My name is Adam Czech, ubiquitous internet pseudonym "Antipode", I'll be 20 in less than a month, and I'm desperately attempting to break into the game industry.  Okay, maybe desperately is too strong a word; "striving with all my being" would be more accurate.  Yeah, so you've heard that before, have you?  I advert myself as an idea man, and I have a background in computer programming, writing, and art; I also have half a university degree in computer science.  I have several innovative game ideas jostling about in my mind, and with any luck some of them will see the light of day.  I stumbled across AGS a few days ago, and am already knee-deep in a design document for a project using the engine.  I'll undoubtedly need help, as I like thinking big, so expect a recruitment thread if anything becomes of it.

I've been on internet message boards for some time, but am just now branching off into areas other than internet role-playing and anime discussions.  I must admit that your sprawling member base made me apprehensive, as I'm more use to the small local forums, but I decided to bite the bullet.  Hopefully y'all can give me a warm welcome and convince me to stay, heh?  I'm a forum administrator at a Sonic the Hedgehog message board, SonicVerse Team Comics -- the first internet community I ever joined -- and have my own burgeoning online art community at CrystalPlains.net.  I've been deeply infatuated with adventure games ever since Myst and Fate of Atlantis (on my old Mac, God rest its silicon soul), and it's too bad the genre has sunk to where it is now, with point-and-click and text adventure games relegated mostly to amateur projects on the internet.  I have a lot of ideas for innovations to the genre, and I hope to start my own games company in the future with an emphasis on immersive "neo-Adventure" games, along the lines of realMyst or Deus Ex (say what you will about DX, a large part of its soul is of the Adventure vein).

But I figure I've bored y'all enough with this monster of an intro, so I'll see you around the boards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk