[SOLVED] Remove Saved Games Before Distribution?

Started by The Great Underground Empire, Sun 12/11/2023 12:41:22

« previous - next »

The Great Underground Empire

Hi all!  It's been a while since I made a game, and this is probably blindingly obvious - if I saved a game while testing my game, how do I delete it from the saved games list before distributing the game?

Thanks for your help!

Nahuel

Hey there! As far as I know save games are not included in the same directory of the compiled game. Not because you're able to load a game means the save game file is included where you have the game files. The only thing to distribute the game is to remove the flag Debug before building it.

Windows: user\Saved Games\Game Name
Mac: Library/Application Support/Game Name
Life isn't a game. Let's develop a life-like-game.

The Great Underground Empire

Ah, there we go, thank you!  I didn't realize it was in that user folder, I kept searching the Compiled folder thinking it should be saved in there like the old Sierra games did. :grin:

Makes sense, I get it now!  Thanks again!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: The Great Underground Empire on Sun 12/11/2023 13:47:53Ah, there we go, thank you!  I didn't realize it was in that user folder, I kept searching the Compiled folder thinking it should be saved in there like the old Sierra games did. :grin:

Only for the reference, you can also force AGS to save in the exe dir by setting a "custom save path" in setup (not that I suggest doing that without a serious need).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk