Android compilation 10/10 but...

Started by COMMANDOS2, Tue 14/11/2023 15:32:53

« previous - next »

COMMANDOS2

English:

Hello AGS guys, i need some help compiling in android.
well, the problem is: I managed all the JDK and Android folders, now the AGS permit to compile from the app, when i compile, generates the APK of the game, and all is ok,
BUT...
When i put the APK on my phone (Motorola Edge 20 lite, wich has Android 12, or my old phone, wich has Android 7), and install the game is OK
When i play the game, it takes A LOT of time, loading the sprites (i think), even when i start the game too, it takes a lot loading the splash screen, or the menu, or anything, same as i change the room, or when i talk with a NPC, its freezed like a 2 minutes (load the sprite animation i think), same as i pick an item from the inventory, waiting like a 1 minute to load the mouse cursor...
can somebody answer me if someone have the same problem, or how to solve it?
i tried some configurations in AGS settings, but i can't make it run faster... :confused:

Español:

Hola chicos del foro de AGS, necesito ayuda para compilar en Android.
bueno, el problema es: administré todas las carpetas de JDK y Android, ahora el AGS permite compilar desde la aplicación, cuando compilo genera el APK del juego y todo está bien.
PERO...
Cuando coloco el APK en mi teléfono (Motorola Edge 20 lite, que tiene Android 12, o mi teléfono antiguo, que tiene Android 7), e instalo el juego, todo OK.
Cuando estoy en el juego, tarda MUCHO tiempo cargar los sprites (creo), incluso cuando inicio el juego también, lleva mucho cargar la pantalla de presentación, el menú o cualquier cosa, igual que cambio de rooms, o cuando hablo con un NPC, se congela como 2 minutos (creo que carga la animación del npc), tambien cuando elijo un elemento del inventario, esperando como 1 minuto para cargar el puntero del mouse...
¿Alguien puede responderme si alguien tiene el mismo problema o cómo solucionarlo?
Probé algunas configuraciones en AGS, pero no puedo hacer que se ejecute más rápido.. :confused:

Khris

Can you give some information about your game?
What is the resolution? How big is the apk? How many sprites?
Etc.

COMMANDOS2

Quote from: Khris on Tue 14/11/2023 15:45:13Can you give some information about your game?
What is the resolution? How big is the apk? How many sprites?
Etc.
resolution: 1280 x 720
apk size: 319mb
i don't know how to answer how many sprites i have, but the game is like its loading constantly, even when i start the app, change room, click on menus, or do anything, same as the room load, when i walk, take some time to load the walk animation sprites, but when the walk animation loads, all go 60fps to the next sprite load, idk if i'm forgetting something...

Crimson Wizard

Coincidentally we talked on Discord about this. There were few performance fixes for Android in version 3.6.1 recently, and also 3.6.1 overall works faster. So I suggest to try using 3.6.1 Beta for building games for Android.

One problem though, most recent 3.6.1 Beta contains a bug that prevents a game from starting. So for now please use following temporary builds:
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6489562277478400

I recommend doing a copy of your game project if you were working in previous versions (like 3.6.0).

Please tell if this newer version improved anything. If there are still problems, we'll have to investigate further.

COMMANDOS2

Hello guys, the Game works normally, i think that ti'm using a outdated versión of JAVA SDK (v1.7) i instaled the latest Oracle Java SDK (v20) and i compile ny Game with 3.6.1 beta, the link it's up, greetings to crimson wizard for the help. Now in Android works perfectly, no freezes, so we solve the problem!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk